Saturday, January 26, 2013

(10:41am ~ 11:43am on a saturday)

Have a sudden burning anger towards people who look down on others. Don't remember how this thought came about.

Sometimes I really think it's less about what is being said, but more of who says it. Say, supposed smart being and supposed not-as-smart being speak of the same thing that's not immediately understood.

One would probably have another attempt at understanding what the 'smart being' said, and immediately dismiss what the 'not so smart being' said while condescendingly exclaiming "what the hell are you talking about?!".

When in fact what you don't get is just another point of view. We often put logic on a pedestal and claim that as THE intelligence. So let's expand from there. Supremely logical 'smart being' talks to  creative being; he does not understand the creative being. As he has more authority as the established 'smart one', it is not surprising that he will use this authority to dismiss that creative point of view he does not see. And often, many such ideas get casually dismissed as "things that don't make sense".

(using this as an example because I think logic and creativity are often in conflict. I mean the 'crazy ideas' kind of creative, not just in terms of problem solving/'thinking out of the box' kind of creative)

It really says something about what we choose to hear sometimes? We tend to hear things coming from people we accept/want to accept/have to accept, and that's being really selective. I feel there are things we can learn from every single being on earth, so just because you have the impression (perhaps from one incident) that someone is not as mentally superior (and more often than not, in the logical sense), it doesn't mean the person is not worth listening to.

--------------------------

Okay I know why I got so angry. I just feel like nobody understands my point of view. I must also admit I wrote that out of some secret need to validate myself just because many in school don't understand. Anddd by saying this I've totally destroyed the points I've tried to establish above. Also, the real purpose of my writing - to find a way to convince people (and myself) that I make sense, just not to you - just got defeated.

------

[things get more fragmented from here]

Which brings me to the point of how I think most writings stem from the author's personal needs. (Be it to validate himself/help him cope with a world that does not make sense to him etc etc etc etc). Every piece of writing has a point behind it, and the purpose is to find that point a place on earth. So, is there actually the truth, or are there just more popular points of view/points of view written by more popular and powerful people?

Perhaps we should take what others say with a pinch of salt. Ultimately, why do we listen to others' opinions? Is it to find a 'correct' point of view, or do we simply want to find people on earth who share our thoughts? By "people who share out thoughts", I don't mean the exact same thought. I just mean "finding people who have the similar drive for *such kind of thoughts*".

----

(This reminds me of why I hate self help books. They make certain ideas seem like the correct ones to make you successful/to make your life happy, when, screw it, different people need different things to be happy)

That being said, I'm still open to the idea of the existence of 'the truth' and 'better ideas', as long as something convincing comes along.

-------

I am so vulnerable here. Then again, I've always wondered why people think it's bad to be vulnerable. If this is you, so be it. They can't do anything to the truth can they? And if you die (literally and figuratively) of the truth, so be it.

-------

I'm just trying my best to put my neverendingstreamofthoughts in an order that's more easily understood. Not sure if it's working.

No comments: